Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about helping to architect, design, implement, build, and deploy code in an environment that challenges preconceived ideas? Does solving complex business problems and real world challenges interest you? Do you thrive in a dynamic start-up work environment that constantly pushes you to be the best you can be and more? Are you ready to work with motivated colleagues and veteran entrepreneurs who strive for excellence in everything they do?
If you want to be part of a supportive and innovative environment, come join our growing team. See what PeerNova can do for your career and your journey. Our product uses components built in Java, C++, Node.JS, and Python but we are constantly evolving.
- Actively improve software platform using new tools, frameworks, and technologies
- Create robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems in a multi-threaded/multi-process environment
- Become a key member and decision-maker in our top-notch engineering team
- Participate in system design, architecture decisions, and lead regular code reviews
- Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment with other engineers and technical product managers
- Advocate for your architectural and design choices among your peers
- Ensure successful completion of projects by identifying and resolving blockers and other issues as they arise
- 5+ years of expert knowledge of an object oriented language such as Java, C++, etc.
- Strong skills in data structure, design, algorithms, and coding
- A desire to find the simplest, testable, solutions to problems
- Ability to take a feature or product requirement and turn that into software
- Analytical and problem solving abilities with close attention to detail
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs, XML, Node.JS, Python, and JSON desired
- Familiarity with NoSQL and other datastores is a plus
- Exposure to big data analytics, data mining, and cloud computing
- Exposure to message queue technologies and cloud technologies
- INTEGRITY: do the ‘right’ thing.
- INNOVATION: think outside the box.
- DRIVE: exceed expectations.
- TRANSPARENCY: communicate openly.
- COLLABORATION: work as one team.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: solve core, complex business challenges.
- POSITIVITY: enjoy your experience and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Diverse, passionate, and skilled co-workers
- Casual working environment
- Weekly company lunches
- Quarterly company outings
- Flexible UNLIMITED PTO
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits, Retirement Plans, and Shopping discounts J
PeerNova is a Silicon Valley-based technology company founded by veteran entrepreneurs with deep expertise in distributed systems, networking solutions, big data, compiler technology, and financial services. Our team consists of members with past experience at Intel, Qualcomm, Visa, IBM, Google, and HSBC. We are setting new standards for storing, securing and validating data. At PeerNova, we’re about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our blockchain-inspired product provides a unique approach to delivering high integrity, auditable, information platforms without compromising on performance, scalability or security. We offer the means for our customers to ensure and demonstrate the accuracy of their records for both compliance reasons and to satisfy desires for greater trustworthiness and transparency.